Friday 19 April 2013

Seize your Opportunities!- Coniston2Barrow update


As I walked down the fellside towards the caravan park this morning I met a lady with a microphone. She was she said from Radio Cumbria and was finding it hard to find people to interview. It did occur to me to ask her if she had looked around her recently.There seemed to me to be myself and the dogs and two men working in the caravan park in the vicinity.
What, she asked, was my opinion of the proposals to extend the Wind Farm? Better than the plans to build a nuclear dump I replied.It seems I was in the majority (wonder if she was counting the dogs?) Anyway I explained that I was training for Coniston to Barrow for the National Autistic Society so she took the dogs' names and promised to mention us! Not bad publicity for a lone walk in the Lake District Hills! If you haven't already, you still have time to sponsor me for this very worthwhile cause .Just click on  K2B, scroll down to the box.Type in the name FROST and my name and my twelve year old daughter's Evie's will appear. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment